• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic cops waiting for meter to expire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

quaspro

What is the name of your state? NY

I am guilty of a meter expiring. The one thing that gets me the most is that I was about 2 minutes late to my car. When I got there, the traffic cops were already writing me a summons. I am guilty of 2 minutes late for sure. I will pay, the law is the law.

The shop keeper was outside and told me that the cops waited at my meter for a few minutes till it expired and then wrote me a ticket once the meter expired. I know that these cops got quota to meet in writing tickets, but to hang around a meter that is just about to expire and write it the second the clock turns zero is just incredulous. The law is certainly on their side to do so and I will abide by it. Just the situation reeks of city sucking up as much as they can. When I asked the cops why they waited at my meter, they just giggled and drove away. Great system we have here, anything to make a buck for the city.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">