• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DAYJA

What is the name of your state? Indiana

my husband and i sold our car to a friend. i wrote up an agreement that on july 1, we would give her the car and she would pay us 500.00 and on july 10 she would pay us the remainder of the balance which was 500.00 well the first payment was made and we gave her the car but on july 10 the other payment of 500 was not made. so when we called her she asked us if she could pay us 300 on the 19 of july and we agreed. now over a month later we havent recieved anymore payments on the car. but now she is calling saying that she wants the title to the car and if we dont give it to her she going to take us to court even though she still owes us 200.00 i also have reciepts showing how much she has paid us thus far. what i need to know is can we take her to court and get our car back without having to pay her the 800.00 dollars back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">