• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

equality at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

waguy28

iam an emloyee at a very well know company. I was given a Formal Written Warning, For what they call Job Performance by breaking steam heater with mast on forklift. "i broke a heater pipe up above were i was working.
I feel I was teated diffrently than other employees at this company.
See, the same type of occurance happened (about a month ago)to another employee at this company.( He hit a sprinkler pipe up above were he was working,breaking the pipe,getting water all over the finished product and getting the floor wet.
But nothing was ever done to him. Just laughs by management!
This is just one example of many instances like this.
I am one of only 5 minorities"that I know of" out of hundreds of people working there.
So my ? is this: What could or can do to protect myself at this establishment, from being treated differntly than other workers?
Also what is the law regardinng this in Washington State?
And thank u very much for your help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by waguy28:
iam an emloyee at a very well know company. I was given a Formal Written Warning, For what they call Job Performance by breaking steam heater with mast on forklift. "i broke a heater pipe up above were i was working.
I feel I was teated diffrently than other employees at this company.
See, the same type of occurance happened (about a month ago)to another employee at this company.( He hit a sprinkler pipe up above were he was working,breaking the pipe,getting water all over the finished product and getting the floor wet.
But nothing was ever done to him. Just laughs by management!
This is just one example of many instances like this.
I am one of only 5 minorities"that I know of" out of hundreds of people working there.
So my ? is this: What could or can do to protect myself at this establishment, from being treated differntly than other workers?
Also what is the law regardinng this in Washington State?
And thank u very much for your help!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

If your facts are accurate, I tend to agree with you. It is unfair what they have done to you. Selective punishment is wrong and illegal. Therefore, the following is the same in Washington State as it is in the rest of the county: I believe you should fill out the "easy" complaint form you can get from the Federal Fair Employment and Housing Administration, and have them investigate the matter. They are quite good, and fast, at what they do. Look them up in the Federal section of your White Pages (toward the beginning of the book).

Good luck to you.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

W

waguy28

Iam going to do what u said and contact the Federal Fair Employment and Housing Administration on this matter.(Today)
I slept over this and have just a few more ?'s
Would it make a differnce if he was management and was not apart of are union?
Would it still apply to being selective punishment?
AND IF proven later that (by giving me a verbal WRITTEN warning and not him or others)
could i then seek damages?
I do really feel i was treated unjustly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">