• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jewelry store dilemma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chases

What is the name of your state? California

I purchased weddings that were represented, both in a catolog and by a sales person, as 14k. However, the Mens ring began to chip around the band indicating gold plating. Due to manufacturer's defect and misrepresentation, I decided to ask for a refund. I tried the face to face approach with the manager and refused a refund. The store policy is after 10 days no money back and after 30 days a "double the price" upgrade was required (meaning in order to exchange the rings I had to pay double). An employee then began showing me more expensive rings which I repeatedly refused. I then explained to the employee that I had just gotten married and was financially unable to upgrade the price. She then was "sympathetic" and sent the manager over to me. After the manager threw ring after ring in my face, I decided to leave. Before leaving, the 30 day exchange was waived and the manager stated that it no longer applied to us. A repair was offered but after her reaction to get me to pay even more money, I refused because whats to stop them from replating it? To this day, I am keeping up with the monthly payments. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB but they have not replied to them. I am in the process of filing in Small Claims but I dont know who to name in the suit and what and how much to ask for. Any help would be greatly appreciated and would finally enable us to begin the process of being a normal newly wed couple with proper proper wedding rings on our fingers.:confused:

JETX

Is the store owned by an individual or a corporation?? If a corporation, then you would sue IT and serve on its registered agent. If an individual, then you can sue him both personally and 'd/b/a store name'.

As for the amount.... I would start with the full purchase price, plus interest, etc.

C

chases

14k plated

The store I bought it from was from a chain of stores throughout southern California. Do I send the court papers to the store location i purchased it from or the main branch? I want to thank you for responding to my question. I had no idea unitl know. I greatly appreciate it.

JETX

"Is the store owned by an individual or a corporation?? If a corporation, then you would sue IT and serve on its registered agent. If an individual, then you can sue him both personally and 'd/b/a store name'."

C

chases

corporation

Daniel's is a corporation in california.Who would be the registered agent?Would you suggest contacting them thorugh e-mail via customer service?or a certified letter?Thank you.

C

chases

thank you

Thank you for your help and advice.We will update you when we find a way to resolve this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">