• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rape in Foreign Country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

asuram

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My wife was raped in another country in which she was living. The criminal was a supposly good friend of her's. He was living in the US at the time. He went down to this country and went to her house and raped her. We have been trying to find the person and can not. He has given her so much wrong information. We do know that he was living in the Atlanta Area and had a business registered with the State. If we should find him can she sue him and where would the suit take place. Is there anyway that you know of where as we could find this man?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

asuram said:

My wife was raped in another country in which she was living. The criminal was a supposly good friend of her's. He was living in the US at the time.

**A: I looked and looked and can't seem to find another country in the US.

We have been trying to find the person and can not. He has given her so much wrong information. We do know that he was living in the Atlanta Area and had a business registered with the State. If we should find him can she sue him and where would the suit take place. Is there anyway that you know of where as we could find this man?

**A: sorry, I have no idea.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Re: Rape in Foreign Country

HomeGuru said:
asuram said:

My wife was raped in another country in which she was living. The criminal was a supposly good friend of her's. He was living in the US at the time.

**A: I looked and looked and can't seem to find another country in the US.

We have been trying to find the person and can not. He has given her so much wrong information. We do know that he was living in the Atlanta Area and had a business registered with the State. If we should find him can she sue him and where would the suit take place. Is there anyway that you know of where as we could find this man?

**A: sorry, I have no idea.

My response:

Our writer said - -

"My wife was raped in another country in which she was living. The criminal was a supposly good friend of her's. He was living in the US at the time."

Well, either the "friend rapist" has a really, really, really long and gargantuan shlong, or your wife has a very, very, very long torso. Damn! And I thought with my 13" I was well-endowed. Well, I guess I was wrong!

John Holmes has got NOTHING on this "friend rapist" guy!

IAAL

Last edited:

Whyte Noise

I will refrain from commenting to the Freddie Prinze/Long Dong Silver cross up there, but DAUM.... *ahem*

Anyways.... going by what you said, your wife was living in another country, and a 'friend' of hers who lives in the US went TO that country, and while he was there visiting, he raped her, correct? I don't know that she could "sue" him, because I don't know the statute of limitations for a monetary recovery. That would depend on the country in which the alleged rape occured. That's where any criminal or civil charges would have to be filed, I believe.

I say alleged, because there are a few things that just don't click here. If she was living in that country, and the friend lived here in the states, for what reason did he just happen to go to the same country that your wife was in? Are they of the same nationality? Was this her home country? Did she invite him down, or up, or over for a visit? You say you've been trying to find him, but can't. Then you say he has a business registered with the state. If you know his business, why not just call there? If he isn't in, call back. Or file charges, and have him served there at his place of business instead of at his home, since you say you don't know where he lives, and that he's given you so much bogus information. But, I'd have to think, that if someone were my "good" friend, I'd know a bit more about them than what you have stated in your post. I know my friend's phone numbers, addresses, etc. How long ago did this alleged rape take place? Did she go to the hospital, or report it to the police? Your post just leaves a lot to question......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">