• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am being sued need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sewell94

What is the name of your state? Florida
About 6 months ago i was helping outta a coworker and did some repairs on her car. I was working on her car at her moms house with her boyfriend. The car was in an inclined drivewas on a jack (my jack). The jack slipped and broke the oil pan. I removed the oil pan and repaired it. She now claims the pan leaks, which i do not believe or have had the chance to see it leak. She wants me to pay a certified mechanic in a professional shop to have it replaced. I honestly don't have the money . I told her that i would get a new pan and put it on. She is now suing me to pay for the cleaning of her moms driveway, her driveway, the $50 i charged her for labor on the orginal repairs ,and professional replacement of the pan. Is there a statue of limitations on the length of time or the amount on something like this?? Please help, thanks in advance for any responces.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">