• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son being harassed....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Anthunee32

What is the name of your state? Florida
My son who is 18 has been being harssed by his ex girlfriend and her friends...they are all under 18...they harass him at school...school has supposedly taken care of it there...but after school off school grounds they are harassing him and threatening him, when one kid is reprimanded for this the ex finds someone else to harass him...being he is 18 his hands are tied and he cannot take any action against these threats...we are trying to be reasonable but its getting worse...what can we do to get the point across to her and her friends to leave him be...we were thinking of a restraining order but that only takes care of things on certain grounds...if i understand correctly.

Beth3

Have you contacted the police? That would seem to be the appropriate action here.

By the way, as your son is under 18 that means his parents can take legal action on his behalf.

A

Anthunee32

Son being harassed

My son is 18, not under...the kids doing the harassing are under 18, I did call the police to ask what i could do...they told me first he could get a restraining order...and to top it off the officer told me to toughen him up...this did not sit well with me...toughening him up is not going to prevent someone from jumping him or physically hurting him...my question was basically what can we do besides getting a restraining order which would keep the kids away from him at work, school and home...he does have a social life and when a group of 7 kids decide to threaten him at one time our hands are tied...i know they are threats but the mother of his ex...actually gave her son...a knife to slash his bicycle tires and then the son asked my son if he had a nice ride home the next day at school...whos to say the mother wont give the son a knife next time to hurt my son??? theres alot more details but im trying to be as brief as i can.

K

knightmare

lets see what fun we can have

Its sound like your son is very smart,hes stays out of trouble.Thier are ways to get back without restraining orders,cops,lawyers... Its sound like this girl has too much time on her hands.Lets help her use some of it. maybe she wont worry about your son. Tell your son when he has time to go to book stores,librarys,anywhere they have magazines.Get those little subsciption cards and put this girls name on them with her address,put (bill me) of course on the cards.I dont mean 3 or 4 cards,I mean 100 cards.Everything from playboy,hustler,dog,cat bird,gays,parenting,etc......................................wait to the bills start coming in.she will spend more time canceling magazines then she will worrying about your son.If your son gets nervous about the cops and lawyers,wear gloves and use strange handwriting.I dont think it will ever get that far. But have fun with the witch.Yes this will work.your son will get a kick out of it.I wish you luck

Beth3

Beyond talking to the police and getting a restraining order, the other things that occur to me are (1) tallking to the appropriate person at the school to advise then what's been going on; (2) your contacting these girls' parents and see if they will deal with their daughters; and (3) your son staying out of their way as much as possible.

You can of course also hire him a security detail but I expect that's not a realistic option.

K

knightmare

You can hire the secret service,they might need a side job. Na fergetabouit.

A

Anthunee32

just to update this post...I hired a lawyer...its been taken care of..i appreciate the assistance whether it was realistic or not...thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">