• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What am I responsible for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goodsamgetsued

What is the name of your state? OR
I offered to help someone with their computer. When I opened the case the computer had an inch of dust. I sprayed off the dust and the computer didn't work anymore. I took the computer home to see if I could figure out what was wrong. When I returned the computer to the owner they claimed that things were missing from inside. I did not take inventory and have no other parts to any computers. The owner of the computer wants me to replace all of his computer that he says is missing and that he says I destroyed. I was trying to help someone and now am getting sued. What can I do???

racer72

Have either of you had the computer looked at by a professional? For about $75 you can find out what is wrong. I am guessing a connection is knocked loose and the computer can be easily fixed.

G

goodsamgetsued

I have had it checked the board shorted out. The problem isn't so much that it doesn't work as he claims there was memory missing, hard drive unusuable. I think the dust caused a surge when cleaned off or something. I need to know who has to prove what. Does he have to prove the stuff was there or do I have to prove it wasn't???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">