• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

southernbell

It started back in July 09, 2001. We will call him Eric came up to my husband and asked us would we be willing to let him take over the payments on the 1998 Kia Sportage. Eric had no way to go to work, are providing transportation for his kids. He was getting a divorce and his wife would take the only car they had. We hesitated to let him, but he is in the military and the military usually reconize agreement he also said that he would sign an agreement stating that he would assume the note of the 1998 Kia Sportage. We stated in the agreement that he would pay on it has long has the Kia was in our name. He also agreed in the agreement that he would keep full insurance covered has long has the Kia was in our name. I have paid four times for Eric’s car insurance, which cost $ 80.00. I had to pay the insurance are they would cancel mine. Eric signed the agreement 07/09/01. His had the Kia for 1 yr and 2 months. He has paid monthly payment on the Kia until 4 months when he blew the motor up .
( ANY OTHER INPUT WOULD BE HELPFUL)
1. Can I sue Eric for the money I paid on
his insurance while he had the
Kia? Thanks
southerbell
2. Should Eric be responsible
for the damage on the Kia?

3. Should Eric be sued for the amount
left owing on the Kia after the loan
company sales it for what they
can get out of it? He is the reason
why it will be sold cheap
because he blew up the motor.
What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">