• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help I have been used, abused,and now confussed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

southernbell

What is the name of your state? mississippi
A friend was buying a TV from us for $100.00 when we got it the buttons were broken. I couldn’t give it away it is barely working .He was buying our couch and loveseat white) now black couch and loveseat was outside and had been out side while it was raining the night before.Him and his girlfriend owes me money for gas on several occasion. I went and picked up some crawfish, beverages and grocery for a party he was having at his girlfriend mothers house. Last but not least, our friend asked if we would put a phone in his house in our name so he would have a recall number for the military, other wise he would have to stay on base . He ran the phone up to 292.00 and he refuses to pay it. This was a very good friend of ours that we knew all our life . please help me Ive been used and abused really need help Thanks ,Southernbell

1. Can I take him to small claim to get the money owed to me?
2. Can I make him buy the furniture since he destroyed it?
3. Can I used two bad check that he wrote for the furniture against him since he returned the furniture and it is damage?

Last edited:

JETX

Must have been 'boozed' to get that 'confuzed', sounds like deserved to get 'abused'.

Seriously, to answer your questions:

Q1) "Can I take him to small claim to get the money owed to me?"
A1) Yes

Q2) "Can I make him buy the furniture since he destroyed it?"
A2) Depends on whatever agreement you had with him.

Q3) "Can I used two bad check that he wrote for the furniture against him since he returned the furniture and it is damage?"
A3) 'Against him' how?? The court will only consider the checks in determining the validity and damages in your case. However, you might be able to force payment via criminal charges on the NSF checks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">