• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Straw Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carolyn Mattheu

What is the name of your state? Maryland
My spouse and I have filed a Voluntary Separation and Property Settlement Agreement which he signed and notarize, as tenants by the entireties, (Property); the property is subject to the lien of a first and second mortgage. According to the papers husband shall hold the property as his sole and exclusive property, free and clear of any interest of wife.
Husband shall be solely responsible to pay the mortgages. Simultaneously with the refinance to remove wife’s name from the house mortgage and remove wife’s name from second mortgage. My question is I will be moving out in November and he doesn’t refinance the house and doesn’t remove my name, I will still be responsible for the loans and he will ruin my credit history, would I be able to come back with a straw deed to remove my name. I am leaving him everything I just want my name taking off the mortgages. I do not want to file bankruptcy because my credit is good. I make good money and can pay my creditors of time and never late. He has bad credit. Can you explain the “Straw Deed” and would I be able to remove my name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">