• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does management have to uphold their policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jnj9

Thanks for our time , I work for the circuit court services as a secretary. My question is : Do I have any rights when company does not follow company policy. Company policy states all support staff openings shall be posted within the circuit, a job opening became available , unknown to me within the circuit. I was not givin equal opportunity to apply for said position nor was i even told about the postition until it had been filled. I have followed policy procedure for filing a grievance. I have been given all kinds of excuses why this was done the way it was. The next step in my grievance is to go before the Cheif Judge, remember he is Chief Judge to the circuit for which grievance is pertaining to. Would this even be a case of unfair law practices or discrimination? Would I have a chance with out legal representation? If so could you refer me to a attorney that would represent me in this Government grievance.I live in Illinois and would perfer a attorney outside my circuit. Again Thank-you for your time. Nervous and stressed, jnj9

------------------

A

Attorney_Replogle

To find an employment law attorney outside of that circuit, just go to attorneypages. I would not say it was discrimination, but perhaps a breach of their contract with their employees for failure to follow the procedures.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">