• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reviews from work written in pencil we sign in pen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chances12

I work at Macys in NY as a sales associate. We get a review every 3 months on our performance. The managers write everything in pencil and at the end of the review we are given a pen to sign our name and date. This seems a little screwy to me. Isn't this illegal? Why would they do this?

P

pocojo

Seems a little odd. Your best strategy here would be to ask for a copy of the review AFTER you have signed your name in ink. Does your employer routinely make copies available to you as they should?

C

chances12

We are never given copies of our reviews or have been offered one. I will be sure to ask for one next time. Thanks for your reply.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Here in California all employees have a right to get a copy of every document they sign that goes into their personnel file. That may also be the law in your state. Jusk ask for a copy.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">