• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dirknyc

I am in Cobb county Georgia. Last week my brother who is 18 got arrested for "minor consumption of alcohol". He was in a dorm at the university and the the University Police raided the dorm and gave everyone who was underage breathalyzer tests. He was arrested and detained at the county holding. I had to go post bond for him. My queston is, he has to appear in court on 9/10 and we do not know what to do, how to plead or to even if we should get a lawyer. This is his first offense ever and we do not want this to stay on his record. Also he doesn't want our parents to find out. So me being the older brother is trying to help him out. What can I do and what sentencing might he get?
sincerly
Rich

Last edited:

C

CombatTN88

The sentence goes like this: license revokation until his 21st birthday and fines.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 things that happen in a Georgia DUI courtroom - -

NUMBER 10: Most of judge's rulings taken word-for-word from that day's "Judge Judy."

NUMBER 9: When the judge sentences you to 90 days in prison, just yell "screw off", leave the courtroom, and go have a nice afternoon at the movies.

NUMBER 8: When the judge says, "approach the bench," you say "approach this!"

NUMBER 7: Watch bailiff drink Exhibit A.

NUMBER 6: You find out that your judge was selected by being 100th caller to that smooth jazz radio station 98.7, The Wave.

NUMBER 5: You can see Playboy's special "Women of the Georgia Courts" issue on the bench.

NUMBER 4: Letting possum out of your briefcase while court's in session.

NUMBER 3: In middle of trial, the judge points to you and says, "Oh, Dude, you are so guilty."

NUMBER 2: Most defendants want to replace closing arguments with music from "Led Zeppelin."

AND the NUMBER ONE thing that happens in a Georgia DUI courtroom - -

When bailiff says "Order in the court," the judge shouts "I'll have a Peach Marguerita!"

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">