• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination & privacy in the electronic work place

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msfla57

the problem is two fold as far as i can determin. i have two daugthers who worked at the same collection agency in tampa, florida. one daugther had to leave work early the other day and was ashamed to tell her supervisor the real reason she needed to leave early, so she told him school had called that her son was hurt and she needed to come and get him. after she left work she called me and told me to call her sister at work(same company) and tell her the truth about why she needed to leave early. at 3:30 tht afternoon i called and her supervisor answered the phone i asked for and was connected to my other daugther. i told her that her sister wanted me tolet her know the real reason she needed to leave work so she did not worry about the child who she thought had been hurt. well the supervisor listened to our entire phone conversation without letting either of us know he was on the line. at the end of the work day, he called my daugther into his office and asked if she herd from her sister, she told him no she had not but that she talked to me and i told her her sister was at the dr's with her son. he asked her how long she planned to lie to him, that he knew exactly where her sister had gone, and that i had asked her to lie to him . he told her he would deal with her sister in the morning and that she better not ever lie to him again. well in the morning when my daugther (the one who left work) got to work she was taken to the supervisors office, and he told her she was being fired because he did not feel confortable with her any more, he also told her he knew that she had faxed a resume to another agency inquiring about a job, she told him she knew he listened to the entire call between me and her sister, and he told her not the entire call just most of it. i did some research, and from what i can tell title 18 the ombious bus & safe streets act and the wire tap act, prohibit him from listening to the call with out the consent of both or one of us. since i am not his employee, and he certainly did not ask me i know he violated the law , and i think since he obtained informtion by illegle means, how could he fire the other sister. i need to know what kind of atty. i need and i also would like a list in my area or surrounding area's. any help would be greatly appreciated since both my daugthers are the sole supporters of there children. the daugther who was fired has a child with a disabilty who sees the dr monthly for medication, now she has no job and no insurance. thank you [email protected]

A

Attorney_Replogle

You can find employment law (sometimes called labor law) attorneys near you at attorneypages.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">