• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

partner

2 years ago I accepted a job with a small company in georgia. I was offered a 5 year salary structure and was guaranteed an increasing % of the Company's profit over those 5 years. If in the 1st 5 years of employment I was terminated, they are supposed to pay me 50% of my current annual salary. "Based on my performance" they would convert the % profit to % ownership of the company. I had originally asked for % ownership. 1 of the owners was for it the other said that he needed to "know" me before he would give me a portion of the company. I have been performing well but when I asked what I need to do (in terms of measurable goals) for the % profit to be converted to ownership they always change the subject or don't want to talk about it. Now I feel that they will never convert the % profit to ownership. I would have never left my previous job if I had thought that they would balk on giving up the portion of the company that they verbally told me that they would as soon as they got to know me.

What should I do.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I don't understand your question with regards to the entire written agreement. If the written agreement says you get a portion of the company, then the owners can't lawfully refuse to honor the contract. So my advice is to stay there and earn more of the company. Also, you can speak with an employment law attorney near you about the employment agreement. You can find some at attorneypages.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">