• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

job change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Can someone please answer a question? I have worked for the same company for 4yrs and in that time I have moved up in my job postion, meaning anytime a new job was posted I applyed and was hired with a small raise, well 3months ago I job for Admin. Asst. came up for Marketing & Sales I applyed was interviewed and got the job with a pay raise when pay day came in January I recived half hourly rate and half salary rate my second pay was all salary, then the VP of our region comes and tells me that since I moved into a new job at a higher pay and salary pay at that... that I must go threw a 90 day probation period? ok I said I was still salary but my pay drop back down to what I made before, I have been in this postion for 3 months without a computer ( At Work) but still handled small jobs for my boss now it has come down from the VP that I am to be moved out of this job and there are going to locate it to the Pittsburgh office 1hr away from where I live a move me if they can into another job in my local office can they take away my raise or lay me off after I was given this job? do I have any rights here please someone help. they can not base it on any skills becuse I did not have a computer to they have no way of knowing if I could do the job or not....

A

Attorney_Replogle

Your employer surely has the right to demote and promote employees at any time. What they don't have a right to do is to arbitrarily change your income based on ever new rules for that position. They seem to have promoted you and paid you one way. Then awhile later they tell you that you are subject to a probationary period (which affected your pay also). So, it sounds hokey to me. I would say you should speak with an employment law attorney near you. You can find them at attorneypages.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">