• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice-Immigration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

not_phony

Hi!
Recently i got laid off.I was on H1.Then i looked for another employer and he filed my H1.It is under process now.My new employer has demanded me some money to apply H1.I paid him some money because i wanted to stay here legally in USA.The new contract is for 2 years.If i quit the job on my own i have to pay my employer lot of compensation which i can't afford.At the same time he is not finding me any client project.Because of no project me and my employer are not getting any money.I cant leave him and try out side because of legality in stay and copensation.
My questions are ?
How to get monthly salary from him ?
Can i do some private job for time being using my SSn# ?(itis carring a note: Work permit with INS authorisation only)
I appriciate your earliest advice.
[email protected]

A

Attorney_Replogle

Your answer may lie in your employment contract with the employer. In other words, you paid him money to "encourage" him to pay the money to hire an H1 alien. That's fine, but what do you get in return for this? Your contract should read that you are to be paid a base salary of $X dollars per month, or something like that. Otherwise he is able to take advantage of you. Perhaps make you a slave. So if you go elsewhere to work, he may want you to pay him the money back, right? If that happens, I would stand up to him since he didn't make any good faith effort on his part to fulfill his legal obligations to you. He was supposed to provide you with a paying job, and it sounds like he hasn't. See?

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">