• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a Divcore be voided

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ger

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My ex tricked me in to going to bed with him we had sex now he is saying that the divorce is voided we have not went to court yet just the temp. hearing is that voided or is he full of it. Please help.

B

bluesport

Not sure what the law is in your state but in the state of MD you have to be separated 1 yr before you can file for divorce and in that year you can not co habitate with the other. You must live separate abodes IE no sex if so you have to wait another year before you can file. I am not sure how they would know unless you or he told someone (like your lawyers) but anyway that is how it works in MD and now that I am a resident of West Virginia I have been informed it is the same here too.
I hope that this helps with your question

ellencee

I asked this question of a North Carolina family law attorney earlier today and her response was that it is not unusual for divorcing spouses to end up sharing one last sexual encounter with each other, for what ever reason, and that the court does not usually hold this in substantial regard. She further stated the court does recognize that a spouse may be regretting the divorce or trying to manipulate the other spouse either into dropping the divorce or into believing he or she is now in control because of the 'secret'. Therefore, a one-more-time with the other spouse does not usually interfere with the divorce proceedings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">