• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I ensure witnesses will appear at trial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spike1951

What is the name of your state? Florida

For example, I want the main defendant, represented by her corporate lawyers to attend. (I sued the corporation, but all damages arise from a letter that the main defendant wrote. I am taking a depositoin on her. Is she required to be there in person? Do I have to subpoena her?

Second, I want one of the defendant’s staff; a homecare nurse to be a witness, phone (allowed by this judge) is ok for her?

What do I do in each case to ensure they are represented as I said above?

Thanks for your help. The judge recommend that I get legal advice and consult a lawyer but none will act as a consultant, only take the case which is only for $900. Had a great lawyer doing so but he changed to real-estate. :)

S

spike1951

NEED EXPERT -- PROCEDURAL/Technical question

STILL NEED ANSWER: SCC TRIAL PROCEDURE: SEE FIRST MESSAGE

stephenk

serve them with subpoenas to appear at the trial. The clerk of the court can give you the forms to fill out. Have them served by an attorney service or the marshall's office.

S

spike1951

THANKS Stephenk

Thanks, that is the most "effective" way to ensure they are there!

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond and where to get the forms.

Spike1951

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">