• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Some advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lcollins

What is the name of your state? GA

I have decided to sue my ex in small claims court for unpaid medical and dental bills. I have sent notice after notice as well as copies of all bills to him to no avail. He moved on the first of this month to a different county than we were living in. Do I need to file there, and if so, how can I find out what county he is in? I tried looking it up on a Georgia map, but the same town is listed in two different counties. If anyone has any advice for me, I'd appreciate that too.

Last edited:

A

ahutchGA

I would think it would be his previous county, since he hasn't been in his new one six months.

What town is it? I'd call information for both towns and see where he's listed.

Then maybe publish a notice in both county's legal organs (get the courthouse to help with this), so he's been notified of the suit against him.

Maybe someone else has more help. I'm sorry I don't have more info.

Good luck!
:)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lcollins said:
What is the name of your state? GA

I have decided to due my ex in small claims court for unpaid medical and dental bills. I have sent notice after notice as well as copies of all bills to him to no avail. He moved on the first of this month to a different county than we were living in. Do I need to file there, and if so, how can I find out what county he is in? I tried looking it up on a Georgia map, but the same town is listed in two different counties. If anyone has any advice for me, I'd appreciate that too.

My response:

Now, why would you want to "due [your] ex in Small Claims court"? Wouldn't it be better behind closed doors, perhaps with candlelight?

First of all, he's your ex. So you shouldn't "due" it with him.

Second, there must some other eligible women who would rather "due" him than you, right?

IAAL

Last edited:
L

lcollins

My bad, IAAL. I should have checked my spelling before I hit Submit. How about reading it now?

P.S. The mental picture you described has me feeling sick to my stomach. YUCK!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">