• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cobra

I have a friend that was terminated from a front desk job at one of the "for business travelers" types of hotel. The hotel is located in South Carolina. On a recent Saturday night she was checking a number
of guest into the hotel. One of the guest was an airline pilot. The airline has an arrangement with the hotel that if a flight crew has a lay over the hotel will have
rooms available. It seems that the pilot did not think my friend was giving him the proper attention. He kept at her while she was trying to check the other guest,
that where ahead of him, into their rooms. Finally he demanded to speak to the hotel manager. After trying to calm him down, she finally dialed the hotel managers home and gave the phone to the pilot. She did not hear what the pilot said to the manager. Two days later, upon arriving for her shift, she was called into the hotel managers office and fired. The reason being that her
job performance was not up to their standards. No other reason was given. Her job performance was not lacking. Should not the manager have talked with her and said if this happens again do this or this. Firing is mighty extreme. Does my friend have any recourse? Is South Carolina an "at will" state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">