• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex won't return belongings...HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kcmiller

What is the name of your state? Florida

What is the name of your state? Florida

while living abroad, my partner terminated a 5 month cohabitative relationship. He recently returned my clothing and other misc personal items but he kept gifts (a vintage poster valued at 1000$ and a pair of diamond earrings valued at 1500$) that he had given me along with items that I had purchased during our time living together. My questions are as follows:

1) Am I entitled to the return of the gifts?

2) Can I request the return of misc. items purchased for our flat?

3) Will credit card statements provide adequate prove of purchase or must I submit itemized proof?

4) Can he file a countersuit requesting reimbursement of money spent on rent, dates, and plane tickets?

5) Since I am now living in Kansas, must I file suit in Tampa, FL?

Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Oh, please.

Move on with your life, will you? You're not going to do anything, anyway. You live too far away to do anything and it's not worth the effort.

Consider everything gone, and forget it.

IAAL

JETX

Q1) "Am I entitled to the return of the gifts?"
A1) Entitled, yes. However, if you want to pursue legal action, you can only get the value in small claims.

Q2) "Can I request the return of misc. items purchased for our flat?"
A2) No. Not unless their was specific ownership.

Q3) "Will credit card statements provide adequate prove of purchase or must I submit itemized proof?"
A3) Of course the receipts will provide proof of purchase; but not proof of ownership. You could have purchased them and given the property as gifts.

Q4) "Can he file a countersuit requesting reimbursement of money spent on rent, dates, and plane tickets?"
A4) Of course. See, anyone can sue anyone else over almost anything. The question is would he win.

Q5) "Since I am now living in Kansas, must I file suit in Tampa, FL?"
A5) Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">