• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evading Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

houstond

What is the name of your state? TX- My husband has been charged with evading. He had a confrontation with an individual at a nearby rest. -he says he remembers a guy saying he had a gun. Unfortunatley my husband had packed up his truck(we had been fighting and I left ) and had old shotgun in his truck and when the guy said he had a gun my husband raised his up and to show he had one too. (my husband doesn't remember doing that). He left but made the mistake of going back and the police were there. they say they told him to stop , (he doesn't recall that) . He had been drinking and took xanex. He says he remembers someone pointing a gun at him and he was scared and took off. He committed himself in a hospital the next day . He was evaluted as being severly depressed and dependent on alcohol and pills.He was there 4 days. He had been out of a job for 3 months and i believe that night he just lost it.
Sounds like a sad story , huh? We are just worried because he was convicted of a felony in 1991(theft) . What do you think the outcome will be?
I do know that tx has made evading in a motor veh a state felony in this lovely state of ours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">