• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Burglary or Criminal Trespassing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GaGirl67

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My sons(age 10 and 12) had befriended two teenage boys in our neighborhood. They ask the boys one day while playing outside to check a neighbors house to see if the back door was open. of course the boys, trusting the older ones, did. then they all went back inside the house they asked my boys to sit at the window to be "lookouts" while the older ones proceeded to steal guns from the guys house. the detective told my kids that since they were so young and were truthful with him that they wouldnt be charged. several weeks later i learned that they were. my questions are this.... will i need an attorney?
even though they are charged with burglary what are the chances of it being reduced to criminal trespassing?
shouldnt they plea not guilty to that?
what is the usual punishment for this type of crime?
My kids have never been in trouble and neither have i. I cant answer any of their questions because i dont know them myself. i know they are scared to death of what may happen and im not sure they realized the severity of the crime. any help would greatly be appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">