• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ripped Off On Ebay!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SkullTh3Troll

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I purchased on Ebay Item # 1370576719 - A Home Theater system. It has been 3 weeks and the seller has not shipped the item, and I paid the first day of winning the auction with PayPal - seller recieved payment and sent me an email to confirm. Repeated emails to her have prompted just one reply in the last 3 weeks - the "her father had died and that she would send it soon" - other than that, no word at all. I have emailed her at least once oevery two days since end of auction for a total of at least 10 emails and only one response, and no shipping of the item nor return of payment.

What evidences do I need to take with me to Small Claims Court, emails and a printoff of the Ebay site and proof of payment through PayPal? Where do I go to register for Small Claims Court?

A

amc822

Contact E-bay & Paypal. If the seller has been paid and doesn't ship the item that is theft and they will be prosecuted (I've read a post on here by someone who was being prosecuted for it). You could also contact your local DA.

allypad

My wife is an avid ebayer. If you contact ebay they have some form of insurance to protect you and may be able to get a refund from them. They will also suspend their account and they will not be able to use ebay. Another thing if you contact pay-pal and tell them of the fraud they may be able to reverse the charges from the seller's paypal account.

A

a neighbor

Skull, the seller legally has 30 days in which to get you your item. As far as the death she/he has listed 2 more items on the 15th and closed on the 22nd, so when did this death occur??? Fishy!

Make sure you pull the contact info and maybe give them a call. If you paid by credit card you could do a chargeback. If it was paypal funds from account, she/he will have to have that amount in account in order for you to get it back.

Either way file a "non-performing seller":
http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html

Another good link is:
www.basestealer.com
Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">