• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken Meter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CyberPal

What is the name of your state? New York

I was issued a summons for parking at a broken meter, the reason given was that I parked too long at the spot.

The meter maid observed my vehicle at 2:11 PM and the ticket was written at 3:39 PM, only 1 hour and 28 minutes at a 2 hour time limit parking space.

I should be given the same 2 hour time limit courtesy prior to the summons.

What are my rights?

Thanks,

Cyberpal

racer72

In New York, and most other places, consider parking areas with broken parking meters as no parking zones. Parking there for 5 minutes could have resulted in a parking ticket. You have no defense.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Top 10 Ways to Get Out of a New York Parking Ticket - -

NUMBER 10: Use meter to bash in the windshield of Meter Reader's vehicle.

NUMBER 9: Talk to Meter Reader. Then, knife him.

NUMBER 8: Call in "the boys."

NUMBER 7: In typical New York style, scream and yell at anyone who'll listen.

NUMBER 6: Have a Knish.

NUMBER 5: Buy your own tablet. Ticket only meter readers.

NUMBER 4: Explain to the judge that you couldn't possibly move your car out of Tower #2.

NUMBER 3: Send it to FreeAdvice. We have advisors who'll "fix it" for you.

NUMBER 2: New York still exists?

AND, the NUMBER ONE Way to Get Out of a New York Parking Ticket - -

Tell 'em you'd rather die at Rikers Island, than pay this fricken ticket!

IAAL

Q

quaspro

A few years ago I also got a ticket parking at a broken meter in NYC. I simply fought the ticket, saying that there are no signs saying that you cannot park at a broken meter for over 1 hr period...basically, how am I suppose to know?? The judge reduced the ticket to $10 from $25. You should be able to get the ticket reduced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">