• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bridge retirement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LeeRR

The company I work for is being sold. We have a 55/30 retirement plan. But if you quit or are terminated prior to 55/30 you must wait until 60 to draw retirement pay and receive a 2% reduction for each yr. from 60. I would like to bridge my remaining years (pay the cost to fund the remaining time, I will have about 1yr or less to go). This option was offered to others that were terminated, but no indication they will offer it in this go-around. The company is a public utility operating in Maryland with home office in Wash. DC. Do I have legal grounds to force them to allow me to fund/bridge my retirement. This is a severe penalty for missing retirement age (thru no fault of mmine) by one year or less. Their contention is that if offered a job by the new owners, they owe us nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">