• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I being Harrassed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lwaksmon

My boss constantly misses work and asks me to cover for him, I do not in fact I informed his boss once. However, I do need to miss work sometimes for medical reasons. Today he told me if I can't work 9-5:30 M-F I will loose pay. I have no benefits and have to pay for all my medical in addition to living expenses on my own. He has been flexible in the past but no more. I have been looking for new job for the past two months. I think he might have caught on and that is why he won't let me make-up the time anymore.

J

Johnny B. Goode

I don't know of anything that says if your boss has been flexible in the past that he can't decide not to be flexible in the future. It sounds like you have some problems, but, in my opinion, it doesn't sound like it rises to the level of harassment.

If he starts trying to run you out of the office that would be a different story. Find yourself that new job as soon as you can.

L

lwaksmon

The problem I have is I need to leave for mandatory medical treatment. He has known this since I started and never had a problem with it before.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">