• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued by my babysitter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

littledpringles

What is the name of your state? CA
Can my babysitter sue me for overtime if she was a salaried employee?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

littledpringles said:
What is the name of your state? CA
After being terminated in april 02 i am being sued by my salaried babysitter for overtime. she is sueing for overtime from Dec. 01-April 02 ($5100). her salary rate was $1200 mo. and her hours were 4days a week 6am-630pm and one Friday a month. There were several times that she was late, didn't show up, or my husband watched the kids. I go into mediation in 2 weeks. how should I handle this? Please help!

My response:

What do you mean by, "How should I handle this?"

Do you have a specific question, rather than your vague and ambiguous question?

IAAL

JETX

Since rather than answer IAAL's correct question, you decided to 'reverse edit' your post, the answer to your specific question is very simple.

Q: "Can my babysitter sue me for overtime if she was a salaried employee?"
A: Yes. Whether she will win or not is dependent on the specifics you still haven't provided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">