• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workplace hostility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HeatherB

I am asking this question for my mother. She is involved in a extremely hostile work environment involving another employee. She tried everything to resolve the situation on her own (discussing it with the other person, taking on extra responsibilities that the other person complained about doing, ect), and after that didn't work she went to the manager of her area. The manager is friends with the other employee and is very unwilling to do anything about the situation. She has asked for mediation, but the other party left halfway through and was unwilling to complete it. The judge who did the mediation interviews has recommended that they be moved to separate offices, however the other employee did not want this because she was afraid that my mother would "win". Also this suggestion to management has fallen on deaf ears. The doctors that she works for have taken a "just play nice" attitude, and it's clear that this approach will not work. The other employee is verbally hostile to her, has made derogatory statements towards my mother in front of my mother and other people, and yet they will not even so much as reprimand her for her actions. It has come to a point where my mother is so stressed at work that she has debilitating migraine headaches 2-3 times a week.
My question is, does she have any legal recourse in this situation. Is there anything that she can do, or should do, to get this situation resolved quickly?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">