• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EM

Can I or not get disability?
I have been disabled for about twenty years.
I never filed earlier I always thought that after I recieved surgery I would hopefully be able to work again; Relization now I definately will never be not disabled.
I was told I could not get disability payments because I did not file soon enough.
I talked to another disabled friend and they said, that did not matter. Only that a doctor will qualify me and "already has" than I can get a lawyer to do the process for me. ??? What is truth.
I have difficulty walking and use a wheel chair frequently. I have over used my hands to the point I do not have much use of them either. I am not deaf but hard of hearing so can not even do phone work.
When I asked one SS person they said the only way to get disability it was to leave my husband. He makes to much so I can not get SSI even.
We are so broke because of medical expenses even so. "Can not make ends meet"!!!
Please say there is a way to get disability.
Thank you for your help and information.

EM in NH
[email protected]

B

be1

go to social secuity office near you, talk the person that you want to file adisably claim

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">