• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brendalee222

What is the name of your state? minnesota
in the summer of 2000 my husband and i rented a bobcat from a person at my husbands work. we used it about three hours. before using it we checked the fluids and filled them up since they were low. the bobcat was working just fine while we had it. but several weeks after we brought it back to the person that rented it to us told my husband by the way you wrecked my bobcat and i had to get it fixed and you owe me 1500.00 so pay up. my husband told him no way he didnt cause any damage and that he wasn't paying. over the next couple of months he was threatening my husband and causing him problems at work. both of them had to talk to the management about it. after that the guy didn't really say much , just dirty looks. now its been two years and the guy has been asking other coworkers what his wifes name is and what is our address. saying to them that his bobcat it broke again from what we did to it and that he is taking us to court and sueing us. there was never any written contract. we paid with cash for the rental. we also know that alot of people have rented the bobcat before and after we did. would we be responsible for the damage.

JETX

If he could PROVE that you caused the damage (very unlikely from your post), you could be liable. But, without proof, he is just 'beating his chest'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">