• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VA Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sewell

This may not be the proper bulliten board to inquire about veteran's issues but here goes.
My husband and I live in Texas. He is a Viet Nam vet, 2LT. During the war he had recovered from a wound (after a military hospital stay in El Paso) enough to be sent back to Nam. He refused to go. Under stress he waived his rights to veteran's benefits in order to be discharged (honrably, I might add). Now we are looking at retirement and those benefits would help us alot. My question is: what are the chances he could recover his claim for benefits after all these years? What kind of lawyer would we look for to deal with this?
Any info or advice will help.
sewell

L

Law_Dude

The type of attorney you will want to speak with would be a military law or a veterna's benefits type. You can find some near you at attorneypages.com. I would not hold out any hope of getting the benefits restored. Your husband would have to be revisiting the circumstances of his waiver of benefits. Was it lawful or unlawful pressure applied to him to waive those benefits? Was his refusal to go back to duty a violation of a lawful order? Etc., etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">