• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damages not consistent w/ police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amc822

What is the name of your state? MD

My daughter threw a brick through my neighbor's window (he was making sexually perverted comments to her). Not her brightest move, but it's frustrating living next to a pervert. Anyway the police came and took a report that stated what was said and which window was broken. There was no mention of a chair being damaged. Then I get a bill from his insurance company for $600 for a chair that was allegedly damaged during the incident. I called the repair shop and said I wanted an itemized accounting of what was damaged and what was repaired. They got defensive and wouldn't give it to me. I called the insurance company and asked for the same thing. They haven't provided it either. Does anyone know if I will likely be ordered by the court to pay for the chair?

Last edited:

JETX

Have you taken the time to request this information IN WRITING??

Since you got the bill from the insurance company, write them a real nice letter asking for any and all information that they have regarding this claim and your liability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">