• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired and mad.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

family_of_five

What is the name of your state? New York

I have been off sick from my emplyer since Aug. 2. I have been getting medical atention (heart problems- my age is 53) and have submitted 2 doctors notes explaining why I am not able to work. I have also claimed Workers Compensation about a week ago.
Today I recvd. a letter informing me my job was terminated effective 3 days ago. Reason - they actaully wrote this : Dishonesty and poor performance. Well that got my blood pressure up- I have (honestly) no idea what my employer is talking about with regard to "honesty". Thats accusing me of theft or lying. Talk about being dismissed unfairly. Its one thing to be fired with NO reason - but to be fired for the wrong reason - now that makes me sick. More sick. :-(

Should I challenge my employer over the phone? Email. Or go and chat with a lawyer? Thanks for your help.

Sick and now unemployed.

Beth3

Approximately how many people does this company employ at the site you worked at or within a 75 mile radius of the site you worked at?

F

family_of_five

Hi, and thanks for replying. About 75 people work there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">