• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft by taking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lucygirl

What is the name of your state?

I live in Georgia. I was arrested for theft by taking back in March of 2001. I have admitted my guilt and because of the amount it is considered a felony. I was told that I could receive 1 - 10 years in prison. This is my first offense and I have admitted my guilt from the beginning. What I would like to know is do you have any advice as to what I can do to stay out of jail? I am married with a child and my husband and I just recently filed bankruptcy. All of the bankruptcy comes out of his pay check each week so we live off what I make. I am worried how my family will be effected if I go to jail. I know that what I did was wrong and I want to pay back the money I took. I go back to court on the 9th of September. I am very worried. Do you have any advice or help?

M

macro9999

I duuno but if i were on a jury, i would want to know why you people NEVER ask your parents for a loan, or your family.

You see people give gifts to you child on at christmas time, maybe one of them has a few bucks to spare...

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">