• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not receiving payment for work already done!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fred

On March 14, I was terminated from my job. However, my manager told me that he had arranged an Independent Contract for me to finish the work. He told me that contract would take effect the following day, March 15th. It would last until June 30th and pay $25.00 an hour. My manager told me that he was faxing the contract to me, that I should sign it and fax it immediately to our Tampa Office. Which I did.

The next day, March 15th I put in 8 hours of work. I was instructed to invoice the company for work done the 1st through the 15, and the 16 through the 30th (31st). Subsequently, I sent invoice #1001 on March 16th in the amount of $200.00. I kept working, but never received payment. Then on April 1st I sent invoice #1002 in the amount of $2200.00. Again, I kept working, but no word on payment.

Finally, last week Friday, April 7th, the manager that hired me informed me that my contract was never signed by anyone but myself!!! He said that they were working on shortening the time. Once a "new" contract was sent out, I would be paid for work already invoiced.

First this company lays me off. Then they tell me that I have a contract. I trusted this company and now I'm screwed!

Since being laid off I've had 2 job offers, both of which I turned down because I was honoring the contract I signed.

I was terminated on the 14th of March and my insurance terminated on the 31st of March. Yet, I received my COBRA Continuation Notice on the 4th of April! I haven't been able to continue my insurance because this company refuses to pay me for the work I've already done. So I have been paying full price for drugs and doctor visits.

I just purchased a new car and have only made one payment. If I don't receive my payment of Invoices #1001 and 1002 by this coming Friday, April 14th, I could very well have my car repoed.

I have bills to be paid. I've worked years to get my credit back, and now this company is going to destroy that as well.

Is there no recourse here? What can I do? Is there anyway to sue this company? I'm mad as hell and sick of being screwed.

I live in Englewood, Colorado and work as a Technical Writer from my home. I did work out of the Irving, Texas office for 2 years. Just moved to Englewood this past November with my company's blessing to finish up their manuals from my home.

Help!
Fred Kunkel
[email protected]

------------------

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fred:
On March 14, I was terminated from my job. However, my manager told me that he had arranged an Independent Contract for me to finish the work. He told me that contract would take effect the following day, March 15th. It would last until June 30th and pay $25.00 an hour. My manager told me that he was faxing the contract to me, that I should sign it and fax it immediately to our Tampa Office. Which I did.

The next day, March 15th I put in 8 hours of work. I was instructed to invoice the company for work done the 1st through the 15, and the 16 through the 30th (31st). Subsequently, I sent invoice #1001 on March 16th in the amount of $200.00. I kept working, but never received payment. Then on April 1st I sent invoice #1002 in the amount of $2200.00. Again, I kept working, but no word on payment.

Finally, last week Friday, April 7th, the manager that hired me informed me that my contract was never signed by anyone but myself!!! He said that they were working on shortening the time. Once a "new" contract was sent out, I would be paid for work already invoiced.

First this company lays me off. Then they tell me that I have a contract. I trusted this company and now I'm screwed!

Since being laid off I've had 2 job offers, both of which I turned down because I was honoring the contract I signed.

I was terminated on the 14th of March and my insurance terminated on the 31st of March. Yet, I received my COBRA Continuation Notice on the 4th of April! I haven't been able to continue my insurance because this company refuses to pay me for the work I've already done. So I have been paying full price for drugs and doctor visits.

I just purchased a new car and have only made one payment. If I don't receive my payment of Invoices #1001 and 1002 by this coming Friday, April 14th, I could very well have my car repoed.

I have bills to be paid. I've worked years to get my credit back, and now this company is going to destroy that as well.

Is there no recourse here? What can I do? Is there anyway to sue this company? I'm mad as hell and sick of being screwed.

I live in Englewood, Colorado and work as a Technical Writer from my home. I did work out of the Irving, Texas office for 2 years. Just moved to Englewood this past November with my company's blessing to finish up their manuals from my home.

Help!
Fred Kunkel
[email protected]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You tell your former employer, "I don't give a rat's ass whether you are reformulating, or redrawing YOUR contract that I signed. It makes no difference whether or not you signed it. It was your contract, you sent it to me with all of your terms and conditions, and I agreed to it. You didn't need to sign it since I followed your instructions. If I don't receive my money, per YOUR contract, by tomorrow by OVERNIGHT DELIVERY, then you can expect my lawyer to sue you for "Detrimental Reliance", "Breach of Contract" "Contractual Bad Faith" "Bad Faith Denial of Existence of Contract" and everything else my attorney and I can think of, including all actual and consequential damages I have sustained (Not just my wages, pal o mio)."

Go get him !!

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">