• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce case re-opened after final judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debbie Hagan

What is the name of your state? texas
my husbands ex-wife has re-opened their divorce agreement to aquire more personal and community property not awarded to her in the initial agreement how can this happen and what can she actually do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Debbie Hagan said:
What is the name of your state? texas
my husbands ex-wife has re-opened their divorce agreement to aquire more personal and community property not awarded to her in the initial agreement how can this happen and what can she actually do?

My response:

Of course it can be reopened. If your husband perpetrated a "fraud" upon the court and his ex-wife by failing to list ALL assets of their marriage, then this is why it's being reopened.

This is what you have to look forward to in the future, AND I'll bet your husband is even hiding assets from you - - or, you don't know about all of his assets.

Watch out.

IAAL

Debbie Hagan

Thank you for your reply IAAL, there is a whole lot more to the story than I wrapped up in a few words. She left him taking only her personal belongings, a car he was paying for and all the money in the bank. Not to mention, she left or should I say abandoned her 13 year old son. She moved out of state to continue an internet affair that became physical. She never showed up in court, all that she requested was that she would not have to pay child support and the house that he owns and is living in be sold after their son was out of school. All of that was agreed upon at the initial divorce hearing. Now she has as "list" of additional personal effects that she wants and God know what else. My husband is suppose to meet with his lawyer tonight to get the low down on all of it. The Judge in the initial hearing was very put out with the fact that she left her son and insisted on not paying any child support. There were also a lot of debts incurred by her that my husband and I are still paying off. I know you said he must have committed some sort of fraud, but all the cards were on the table and she was aware of all of it. Her new found relationship turned sour on her after several months, so now she is wanting some money and material things to start over after she's been gone from here over a year. by the way...thanks again for the quick response......deb :)

Last edited:

Debbie Hagan

Here's The "LIST"

We got the "list" of additional items his ex wants now. It's almost unbelievable after all this time. I didn't mention she also has a court ordered injunction and restraining order against her to come near our house, so how is she going to get this stuff? Her items consist of: $30,000 cash, all the Christmas decorations (whatever!), a bench made for her by some lost long uncle (ok), and a new set of chairs for the dining room suite my husband and I took to storage for her. (again, whatever!) and absolutely no child support. We have gone above and beyond the call of duty here. Between the two of us and their son, we packed all of her remaining items that were here and put them in a storage for her. Will the law require us to pack up some more b.s. for her? As far as the 30K if you go back in history, she will come out owing us. She has showed very little concern as to her sons well being, doesn't want to have to pay any support, which is fine with us. We are starting to get the impression that our lawyer isn't representing my husband to the fullest capacity. His lawyer just wanted him to sign a paper last night agreeing to all the crapola that she is requesting. Do we have to legally make sure she gets these other personal items she wants or can we just laugh it off. I know this may sound cold and rude, but you would think that a woman that made her mind up over a year ago about leaving would have prepared to take all of her so called personal effects with her when she moved 1000 miles away to "find herself". It really puts a burr under my saddle to think that we would have to spend our time and efforts to appease someone like her. Of all the items and requests that she made not one single part of it was about her son except that she absolutely will not pay child support. So what, is a set of chairs or a bunch of crappy old Christmas decorations or even $30,000 dollars for that matter, worth more than a relationship with her son? So, to get to the point, do we have a leg to stand on here. I know the matter of their son and the other things are unrelated as far as Judge will be concerned. But, where does justice play a part here? It is almost like we are being told to make her happy and let her get on with her new found life at the expense of human happiness and peace on our part. Am I taking this overboard? If I am, please tell me. I just don't believe that when someone chooses to leave on their own free will, that they should be calling all the shots. We have bent over backwards trying to "get along" with her and she won't let it be over with. I think sometimes she is just trying to make us so unhappy that we will give in to her pettiness. If nothing else, I have gotten this off my chest. We just want some closure to this issue. It is almost comical that in this world of tragedies and world war that a divorce that took place a year ago can have so much affect on our lives. Thank you for taking the time to let me vent my frustrations. If you can help that would be wonderful. But by now I pretty much figure we just have to deal with it..... huh?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">