• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination/References

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fatman

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I am at a loss as to what can be done at this point. My problem is this. I was employed by a company as an owner/operator long haul driver. My contract with the company was terminated by them as they stated I had 3 preventable accidents. The first accident was not my fault and the witnesses advised the CA. highway patrol that there was not a thing I could do to avoid the accident. I was not cited by the officer and was released by him. However, the company I worked for decided it would be cheaper to settle a $10,000.00 claim than to go to court. The second incident, as far as I can tell never happened. I was accused of hit and run. However the logs indicated that I was not even there when it happened. I was never cited for the accident and have never heard from the highway patrol on this matter. The third incident was entirely my fault and I take full responsibility for it. Upon my persuit to gain new employment, whenever someone contacts my previous employer for references, they tell them about these accidents and therefore blow my chances of getting hired. Because of this situation, we are now looking at bankruptcy, as I owe $40,000.00 on a truck that is sitting in the driveway and can only find temporary work making about 1/10 of the income. Is there any hope that I can fight this?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not really. They are entitled; in fact, required, to tell the truth as they see it. You did have three accidents; they are allowed to say that you had three accidents. The fact that you disagree with them as to whether you were at fault or not does not change the fact that they are entitled to their opinion and to state it. So if they honestly believe that you were at fault all three times, they may say so.

F

fatman

Well I wouldnt have a problem with what they were saying if it were true. They are saying I was involved in three preventable accidents. The first one as I stated, was not preventable, the seconded one, I was not even there. So therefore they are slandering me. So what can be done regarding this?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">