• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pay cut

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gaffier

Arizona

I just started a job 3 weeks ago. They started me out at a salary base of $1800 a month ($7.99/hr reg;$11.99/hr ot;48 hours guaranteed a week). Today my boss asked me to put my address and phone number on a form. I was figuring it was a new hire thing again. The form was a change of status form. I kind of glanced at it and noticed a "Rate ($7.55/hr reg;$11.33/hr ot;48 hours guaranteed)". It didn't hit me right away, but later I remembered what my $1800 a month broke up into. This form didn't ask for my signature, only his. I'm thinking that he is trying to pull something and cut my pay without me knowing. Which of course I'd notice my paycheck being to low eventually. I know this is immoral of him, but is it illegal? Also, if so, what can I do about it? I know regaurdless if that is what he is doing, I am going to quit. I could never work for someone who would do something like that. I just want to know if I can push legal avenues against him.

G

gaffier

Not yet, I'll be doing that when he comes in this morning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">