• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Last Pay Check being Late and Bounced.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hung

What is the name of your state? NY

I have been working for a company in NY for 25 months. I was asked to leave on 07/26 because company want to cut back the operations.

The last pay check was not received until 08/15. (Normal Payday was 07/31).

But the check was return unpaid by the bank, it caused me a bank charge plus it caused me 2 bounced checks.

The emplyer also did not pay for my vacation and personal day (those were acrued in the past 13 motnhs but not yet awarded).

What action can I take ?

Beth3

I don't have my reference materials at hand so I can't tell you whether a NY employer is obligated to pay you for your vacation time. I'm not aware of any state laws that require an employer to pay for unused personal time.

Contact the NY Department of Labor and tell them your last paycheck bounced and ask about your vacation pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">