• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Pretense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lady G

My employment situation deteriorated over the past year; the work environment became hostile to the point that the stress was affecting my personal life and health. The original owners of the company had sold it; they were unhappy with the new owners and as such proceeded to make the employees lives miserable, especially mine since I had to work closely with them.

I found a new job and gave my notice; the new owners persuaded me to stay (based upon some specific criteria I set).

However, they lied to me when they did this. They had no intention of fulfilling the promises they made to me; they were already in the process of getting ready to lay everyone off.

In addition, I was threatened on two occasions by one of the former owners of the company to the point that I no longer felt safe at work. I ended up being out of work for 2-1/2 weeks (until the original owners of the company left for good). The new owners continued to pay me my full salary during this "leave of absence."

Do I have legal grounds to sue my employer for breach of promise, fostering a hostile work environment, and emotional distress? I have many witnesses to the harassment which occurred, also, who are willing to give sworn statements for me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">