• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sizemorj

What is the name of your state? Indiana. I have only been married four months and things turned for the worse. I need to know the laws for an annulment for the state I live in. How do I get this process started and finished doing it myself. Thank you.

Last edited:

C

Conniejune

annulment

I live in Oregon and am also seeking an annulment after a short 4 months of marriage. There is the beginnings of abuse involved and I want to do this quickly and safely. Did you get a response to your question?

Whyte Noise

Grounds for annulment vary slightly from state to state. Generally, they may be obtained for one of the following reasons:

misrepresentation or fraud -- for example, a spouse lied about the capacity to have children, stated that she had reached the age of consent or failed to say that she was still married to someone else

concealment -- for example, concealing an addiction to alcohol or drugs, conviction of a felony, children from a prior relationship, a sexually transmitted disease or impotency

refusal or inability to consummate the marriage -- that is, refusal or inability of a spouse to have sexual intercourse with the other spouse, or

misunderstanding -- for example, one person wanted children and the other did not.

S

sizemorj

Re: annulment

Conniejune said:
I live in Oregon and am also seeking an annulment after a short 4 months of marriage. There is the beginnings of abuse involved and I want to do this quickly and safely. Did you get a response to your question?
I am still waiting on a reply. Trust me, I feel for what you are going through.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">