• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Decree Broken

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gardn02

What is the name of your state?

Wi husband has a divorce decree from illinois. His ex wife continues to send him little packages every 6 months or so. In the divorce decree it states she is not to have any contact with him whatsoever. However today she sent him another package with no return address, but it is indeed her writing on the envelope.

What are my husband's rights? We want her to stop contacting us.

:mad:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gardn02 said:
What is the name of your state?

Wi husband has a divorce decree from illinois. His ex wife continues to send him little packages every 6 months or so. In the divorce decree it states she is not to have any contact with him whatsoever. However today she sent him another package with no return address, but it is indeed her writing on the envelope.

What are my husband's rights? We want her to stop contacting us.

:mad:

My response:

The real question becomes, "How much money do I want to spend on this matter?"

Unless the packages contain dangerous materials, then what's the harm? I understand there's a "No Contact" in the order, but enforcing the order costs money.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">