• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone monitoring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TerriV

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Is it legal for a company to monitor your telephone calls without notifying the customer first? I signed a paper allowing the company to monitor my side of the conversation (I was a customer service representative), however, the customer was never made aware they were being monitored. I was fired because of a comment I made about a group of temporary employees our company had hired.

racer72

The company can moniter the calls by the customers without there knowledge. Whoever moniters the calls cannot personally use the information given by a customer against a customer though, only the person talking to the customer can.

Apparently the company felt your comment was innapropriate and had cause for dismissal. If you were looking for a way to get revenge for your firing, this plan won't work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">