• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contractual agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nico

I am currently employed with a firm that is headquartered in Indiana. I have worked for the company for over a year and was offered a promotion and an opportunity to move to Minnesota to open a new office. We were supposed to open Feb. 1st of this year. Before leaving I was told that I would be well taken care of, well informed and would be able to make a lot of bonus money. With the bonus plan we had in affect at the time we were being paid per advertisement sold.

Since I arrived in MN our open date has changed from Feb 1st to March 1st to April 3rd. Now it is set for April 17th. I was told that we were going to operate our office differently here with a call center in Indiana taking client calls and I would be working out of the office approximately 3 days a week. The rest of the time I would be working in the field promoting our company and selling ads.

I have been feeling extremely out of the loop so to speak, since coming here. Rarely, if ever, do I get a response to my questions. I have an office space, but I have not been sent a computer. Therefore I use my own computer for company work and the internet connection I have is financed by myself. E-mail is our sole source of communication.

I was told this week that they wanted us to open next week. Upon opening I will be answering phones for the first month until they get the call center squared away. While I have been waiting they moved one of the other offices into the center and left me hanging. I am also salary and am now expected to pull the 40 hour Monday through Friday, plus a four hour day on Saturday. I feel like the position has been misrepresented to me and the conditions I am expected to work in are inadequate. Also, they have developed a plan now that has to be met before bonuses. Upon reviewing the plan I have noticed that the expected sales for my office actually exceed the expectations for one of our other offices that has a year and a half worth of name recognition.

The night before I came here to look for a place to live I was presented with a contract that simply said that if I leave before Dec. 31, 2000 I will pay back the relocation costs within 30 days. Is it possible that I can avoid paying these costs due to misrepresentation of the position? Thanks so much for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">