• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Comment for Attorney Replogle on "ministers rights" Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Don

Thank you for your answer on my legal question. Now as I gave you the professional courtesy to read your comments, I will ask you to extend the same courtesy to me as I answer those comments. No, I do not consider myself to be so special. I am only a servant of God trying to fulfil his will in my life. But the people of my small congregation are SPECIAL. God has placed the responsibility of their care and protection(spiritually and sometimes naturally) in my hands. I stated in my question I had the cell phone so they could reach me at all times. First let me say my faith is Apostolic Pentecostal, we believe in divine healing through prayer. My home phone may ring at any time day and night and one of my congregation may be sick or in pain and ask me to pray for them on the phone. I stated I worked a full time job, I do this as my church doesn't have the income to pay me, or I would love to be a full time pastor. My church has about 30 people, there are only three of us that work, including my wife and her sister, who attends our church. The rest of the people are either on disability or retired. The incomes of the people ranges from 500 dollars per month to 1000 dollars per month. The church expenses run about 1000 dollars per month, and all the people are giving their share and then some to meet the needs. Many churches today can afford to pay a pastor full time, and he can be available to them at all hours. My church can't do it and I only wanted them to have the same benefits as more affluent people, in more affluent churches have. I, in no way meant my question to sound as if I was putting myself on a pedastal as you made your comment insinuate.
As to your comment about humbleness and the apostles, I don't know your religious background. But by your comment I do detect a lack of knowledge and understanding of the scriptures of God's word. Many times in scripture the apostles were bold to stand up for their rights and the word of God. The apostle Paul used his freeborn Roman citizen status to appeal his case all the way to Rome and Caesar. In many cases he and the other apostles spake boldly unto people; Acts 13;46,9:27,9:29,14:3,18:26,19:8, Romans 15:15, 2Cor. 10:1&2,Eph.6:19&20,I Thess. 2:2-4. In Romans 11:13 Paul speaking of the job God had called him to do said "I magnify mine office". These men were humble to God and the carrying out of his will,yet they stood for their rights. Even apostle Peter said,"We ought to obey God rather than man" Acts 5:29. (All references are Authorized King James Version) The only "law book" of God I use.
As to my humbleness and place in God, he knows where I stand.
I came to this forum seeking advice for the benefit of my church, instead of help from an attorney, I received judgement. Christ said "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged:....St.Matt 7:1&2. It seems to me sir, that you are the one who needs to objectively review your attitudes, because your unsolicited comment was far from being even a little bit from a humble viewpoint. A old saying is "Help me not to criticize my neighbor until I have walked a mile in his shoes." Sometimes when we are in certain stations in life we tend to forget or ignore that there is always someone worse off than we are.
I doubt if I will post anything else on your precious forum as I find it to be very bias.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I apologize for my non-legal advice to you in my earlier post. Please accept my sincere apology.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">