• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reply to threads

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ames_mom

What is the name of your state? nc This was an attempted sexual assualt that got botched when the perpetrator was stabbed by my daughters boyfriend, as this guy was on top of her,which was charged with the stabbing:that part of the case has been tried and dismissed by the DA's office. My question is, how can she be refused the right to take a charge of assult on this guy in the beginning? She was grabbed from behind (by her hair) thrown down to the ground, as he attempted to pull her clothes off, the boyfriend begin stabbing him to make him let go. The pulling of her hair, in itself, was an assult.

JETX

Based solely on your post, it APPEARS that a charge of assault and/or battery would be appropriate. However, we certainly do NOT have all the evidence that the police and DA have access to and there could be other information. What did the DA say when you asked why those charges have not been accepted???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

In addition to Halket's correct response, and despite the decision of the D.A.'s office, the girl is still entitled to file her own "Civil" lawsuit against the perpetrator, and she must do so within the applicable Statute of Limitations. I would suggest, if she hasn't already done so, that she consult with a local Personal Injury attorney at her earliest opportunity.

IAAL

ames_mom

She has gone to the COUNTY seat and taken out charges that are pending, and s the meantime has taken out additonal charges for communicateing threat... which he threatened to kill her in the courthouse after his first appearence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">