• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfully terminated in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Ann

Please Help In Texas,

I feel that I have been wrongfully terminated. I used to work for a convenience store chain as a store manager. The reason I was fired was for mishandling company funds. I reported to work for my shift the assistant manager had everything done (printing the end of the day receipts, collected time lock safe deposits, etc.) I then started counting the money to make a bank deposit. I found that I was missing a safe deposit ($50.00) and started looking for it in the safe, but could not find it. I went ahead and started counting the money for the bank deposit and compared my count to the End Of Day report and found that I was missing even more money almost $700.00. I then remembered putting some of the safe deposits in another bag in the safe from the day before and found the bag was missing along with the cash but not the checks. I then re-checked the safe to make sure that I didn’t miss seeing the missing money. I even looked in the trashcans and trash bags hoping to find the missing money, but had no luck. I then called another store manager, which was my supervisor’s wife to find out where he was at and told her that I needed to talk to him. He called me on the phone and I reported the situation to him. He came to store and re-counted the money and found the same result as I. He then called the police department to report it as a theft. I was then asked to come to the police dept. and fill out an affidavit, but was questioned instead. I was asked to take a lie detector test and I agreed, and as of today (three months later) I haven’t been called to take the test. I also was not the only one that had access to the safe, but was the only one fired for doing my job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">